Central Park Carriage Rides
"Horse Carriage Ride and Tours"
I'm John, as the co-owner and operator of Central Park Carriage Rides, I have been providing tourists with horse and carriage rides and tours in Central Park since 1976. We are 6 owner operators and we all are unparalleled in our central park knowledge and care for horses. We manage and lead our own bookings so instead of dealing 3rd parties and making the experience more expensive and difficult you always deal with us directly.
Horse drawn carriages were the first transportation of the city, and they are one of the few historical elements of New York City left. Taking horse and carriage ride in Central Park is definitely the most nostalgic way to see it. Considering the park was designed for carriages, you will see it how it was meant to. Besides, it is definitely the most extraordinary way to create memorable moments.
HOLIDAY LIGHTS TOUR
Photographer and videographer add ons are available at the checkout
This special hour long tour departs from Central Park South and follows 5th Avenue, so our guests may enjoy the famous holiday lights on route to Rockefeller Center where we take a picture of our guests in front of the world famous Christmas Tree.
places to see on the tour
- Apple 5th Ave Store
- FAO Schwartz
- The Plaza Hotel
- Saint Patrick
- Grand Army Plaza
- Louis Vuitton
- Pulitzer Fountain
- Bergdorf Goodman
- Tiffany & Co.
- Peninsula Hotel
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Top of the Rock
- Rockefeller Center
- World Famous Giant
- Christmas Tree
- Radio City Music Hall
- NBC Studios
- Time Life Building
- St. Thomas Church
- Ritz Carlton Hotel
All prices are per carriage NOT PER PERSON
45 minutes with photo stops
60 minutes with photo stops
60 minutes with photo stops
RIGHT AFTER BOOKING YOUR CARRIAGE RIDE, WE WILL SEND YOU A FOLLOW UP EMAIL WITH DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON WHERE TO GO AND HOW TO FIND YOUR DRIVER. THE E-MAIL CONFIRMATION WILL ALSO INCLUDE YOUR DRIVER’S NAME AND CELL PHONE NUMBER IN CASE IF YOU NEED TO REACH HIM OR HER
NYC Laws & Regulations
Max. Occupancy per Carriage.
(children must be 11 years old or under)
2 Adults & 4 Children per carriage
3 Adults & 2 Children per carriage
4 Adults per carriage or less
Adult & 4 Children per carriage
We consider our horses to be our partners and best friends, and make sure they are happy and healthy.
* Our horses are never at work more than eight hours in any continuous twenty-four hour period.
* We make sure our horses receive treats and frequent water breaks while working.
* All of our horses are examined by a licensed veterinarian every 4 to 6 months, in addition to the yearly examination.
* Our horses are never younger than five years to be placed into service and not older than 20 years.
* Our horses receive new horseshoes and trimmings every 4-6 weeks and we make sure they fit them well.
* For our horses from November through April, heavy winter blankets are always available in cold weather to cover them from crest to rump.
* Additionally waterproof blankets of lighter material are always available for them when it is raining and the temperature reaches 55 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
* We don’t operate when temperatures reach near 19 or 89 degrees or during severe weather conditions.
* Our horses receive no less than five weeks of vacation or furlough every twelve months at a horse farm facility in Catskills or Poconos.
Central Park Carriage Rides NY
Located in the South-east corner of Central Park, The Zoo was not an original part of the Greensward Plan. However, the informal gifts of exotic animals to the park during the construction, it became a necessity to house these animals.
Central Park Conservancy had a restoration of the Castle in 1983, and since then it has been serving as one of the five Visitor Centers of the park.You could visit the Castle with your family to have information about the Castle and bird watching, you could even get free kits for birdwatching in the Rumble